Let's just start up a nice chat Friendship Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 05, 2018 at 12:32 AM

I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Cattitude, an outgoing biromantic asexual that would really just like to be able to talk to people on here without buying some membership. 

I think there are more people on here than others might believe and I want to talk to everyone! Let's start a conversion.

Introduce yourself! 

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 03, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Another new member to the site. I'm in Ohio, known I was different for about 15 years now but am just learning "it's not just me". Hard find others to share time and emotions with when the whole world economy seems to exist because sex sells and everyone is buying or at least acting like they are. 

I'm hetero asexual if I understand the definition correctly. I like girls, enjoy being close to them but not sexual. To me my lesbian friends were the best because they liked doing cool things, were not afraid to "play" but also had no interest beyond someone to accept them and pall around.

I will hit the follow button and try to come back when others chime in. Till then, glad to know I no longer stand alone wondering what all the excitement is about when it comes to sex.

• View author's info Posted on May 15, 2018 at 06:40 AM

Hi!

I am Rebecca! I love books and novels so much that it probably borders on obsession. If anyone wants to discuss books, I would absolutely love to start a forum about that!

I am surprised by how quiet this site is. I heard it was really good for meeting people, but if no one talks, then how will we find companions/friends/nonromantic lovers/etc? I also get shy very often, but I love talking to people I am comfortable around. 

• View author's info Posted on May 02, 2018 at 05:30 AM

It's funny, I'm on several other asexual sites and seems like they all suffer from the same thing, not many are willing to talk/chat/message on forums.

Then again, I think a pretty large percentage of people on the asexual spectrum are pretty shy.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2018 at 01:33 PM

This site does seem quite, I hope more people join in on the site and forums.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 10, 2018 at 10:14 AM

So we can all just chat on here :3 we've already got a good little group going!

• View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2018 at 08:54 AM

Hey I’m silentrainbow.

first time on this site and only recently understood and decided I would stop my dreams of spinsterhood and decided that I would like to meet a companion of sorts or a friend that gets me.I’ve been told maybe I haven’t met the right girl yet by my friends too.

its hard to meet people when meeting people of a similar nature is difficult.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 08, 2018 at 04:59 AM

I've been a paying member on this site and it's not that much different from when you don't.  I leave comments on profiles or, when I paid, emails and so few people are interested in getting to know anyone.  It's sad.  Maybe I live too far or am too old or whatever, it's very confusing to me.  We are all here for the same thing but there aren't many who appear to be very interested in opening up and allowing somebody inside.

Another issue is the lack of informative profiles.  Many of them have not a single photo and the only info available in their profile is their birth sign.

It's been terribly frustrating and yet I keep coming across comments about how nobody speaks to them.  I've practically given up as I've reached out to many, many people on this site to no avail.

• View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2018 at 05:41 PM

I think it's really difficult to talk to anyone without buying a membership. Paying members are the only ones that can start conversations except in the forum. 

And I'm the same way. I didn't exactly know I was an Ace until I was older. I was never interested in "bumping uglies" but assumed it was because I'd never tried it. And everyone always gives you that speech of "You haven't met the right one yet". I figured that it was like people that have never tried alcohol. Who wants to act stupid and throw up, right? 

Unfortunately(?), I mostly saved myself for marriage (tried messing around a few times but just never could go all the way) and though I loved him dearly, I just couldn't get into it. I hate it, honestly. And it was nothing against him. Absolutely destroyed our marriage since he's not asexual. We just couldn't compromise. Plus, he wanted kids. No sex= no babies.

I haven't really told anyone either. I tried to talk to my cousin that's bi and even she tried something like "have you ever slept with a girl?" I'm biromantic, but I don't want to engage in that sort of thing with girls either lol. 

I guess even people of other sexual preferences can't understand not wanting any at all. 

• View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2018 at 02:19 AM

Hi, I am new to this site and was hoping to make some connections - or a connection - as although I have perhaps known I was asexual for a little while, I have not yet told anyone, and so this is all kinda new for me.  

It is a shame the website does not seem very 'active', I do not quite understand it, as you would think people would want to feel connected with others... 

• View author's info Posted on Mar 08, 2018 at 01:23 AM

Hi Krist! I'm afraid I was wrong and it is kind of dead here! I know there aren't many asexuals around, but seriously! I'd like to find people that I can talk to. I don't personally know another asexual and feel a little estranged. I know they're out there though. I found you! :)

Maybe you found me? 

• View author's info Posted on Mar 07, 2018 at 04:05 AM

Hi Cattitude :)

im Kirst, I identify as heteroromantic

im new here and hoping to make a connection but it seems pretty dead on here  

Follow - email me when people comment