Hiya, I'm new here Long Term Relationship and Love Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 19, 2017 at 09:08 PM

Hello, So I've recently just came to the conclusion that I'm asexual. I've always just thought I was a really late bloomer or wierd but my friend mentioned the term "asexual" to me and I was like yeah thats me. If you guys have advice about relationships and like dating in general because I've never had or been on either, that would be cool.

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 10, 2018 at 06:39 AM

Hey! I know that it may seem this is a ghost community! But it is up to us to change that.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2018 at 02:00 PM

I hope more people start joining in with the chats and the chances of meeting up increases for everyone. Not having any friends who are asexual is tough, as talking to others who have similar experiences could be really positive and reassuring.

Good luck everyone, hopefully we will soon be able to find what we are looking for.

• View author's info Posted on Feb 09, 2018 at 05:43 AM

Yep. This site is definitely a ghost town community. I was so excited when I found it. Damn

• View author's info Posted on Feb 05, 2018 at 07:38 PM

Good for you! We can be happy in so many ways :) Respect and communication is more important to make a relationship work. Besides, love can be expressed in so many ways. I kept telling my ex-husband back then that not having sex didn't make me love him less coz there's still cuddling, hugging, kissing, the everyday I love yous, and the likes. But I've learned the hard way that we cannot really make them (the non-aces) understand because that's just the way they are. That's why I want to encourage the people here to start opening up and make the move. If you find someone interesting, send him or her a message. This community is a blessing. No one can understand us better than the people we have here ;)

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

• View author's info Posted on Feb 05, 2018 at 07:27 PM

We're not broken, we're not weird, and there's nothing wrong with us. Asexuality, just like clothes, food, or gender, is a preference. I say we're special ;) so it's good to belong to a community of like-minded individuals who believe that there's more to love and relationship than just sex ;) :)   

• View author's info Posted on Feb 05, 2018 at 07:13 PM

Based on the number of views per thread, there are really lots of people here, but I guess most are shy to start a conversation which I think defeats of the purpose of why we're all here. I just hope that there will be more people who would be willing to make the bold move of opening up to express their intention :)

PS. I hope do hope you find the right one soon. Good luck! ;)

• View author's info Posted on Nov 06, 2017 at 07:43 PM

Hi everyone my name is mike and i just joined this site like a few hours ago.  I have been on ** for the past year and i needed to find something else.  ** is a good site full of aces but it's like no one is interested in dating lol.  Or even talking for that matter since i have written people on there and i constantly get ghosted.  

Oh well i am on here now and looking for my soulmate as i was on**lol 

I am a romantic sex-repulsed anti-sex ace but i still very much want a romantic relationship just minus anything sexual it's really quite simple.  Except it's not because my soulmate is a very singular girl in that she is someone who has zero sexual past and experience, doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs, is romantic, wants a committed romantic relationship  and to top it all off is someone who finds me attractive enough to want to go out with me.  I say singular girl because i have been looking for this girl for 40 years and have never found her, but maybe she is here.   

any girl that read this or my profile do take the time to write me if you think you fit my soulmate description.  

• View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2017 at 10:40 PM

There is nothing wrong with one's own sexual orientation and despite the lack of public visibility, Asexuality is definitely one of them. It is too easy to feel pressured, damaged, or so many various negative things when others don't understand or you haven't done the research for yourself to understand yourself. Dating and maintaining relationships don't have to be much different than sexual ones. The degree of physical intimacy per relationship will differ because people are so not all the same. Some can enjoy just kissing and leaving it at that while others don't want to go there at all either.

In my opinion, and man...I am no guru,  the best relationship isn't built on the "knowledge" of how to be in one or how to go on dates. It's based off of open and honest communication from start to onward. It's never bad to admit that things are new or experience isn't under your belt.  It's never bad to admit any feeling, especially fear. If someone has a problem with any of that, they are not deserving of your time and you've both just discovered it won't work without much waste. That's okay too. Speak your mind, assess your feelings, don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable, and know yourself and your partner. Just simple things I've had to tell myself.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 26, 2017 at 07:02 AM

I would give advice but I would be woefully unqualified.  I dated some guys, a couple girls and every good relationship ended up turning bad eventually when we got to the whole sex thing.  I never really was that interested.  I forced myself many times, always just ended up really unhappy and like something was wrong.  I basically decided I shouldn't be in relationships when I was 23 and then only this past year heard the term asexual and realized I wasn't broken and there were others. And decided I might try again but with other aces only this week so...

Similar experiences but advice dating as an asexual person is not something I have but something I need.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 16, 2017 at 07:46 AM

I came upon the term asexual recently. But I've always been asexual. I thought that something was wrong with me for not having desires to have sex. I do want a relarelationship. 

• View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2017 at 09:52 AM

I feel the same honestly. I thought I was just weird or maybe I wasn't attracted to the person I was attempting to have sex with but I've been with other girls since and I've come to to the conclusion that I might very well be asexual, especially since I never really had much of a desire to have sex growing up. My partner always wanted it more than I did, I just went along so that I make her happy. I still want to be in a relationship with someone, but I'm fine without having any sex personally. 

Follow - email me when people comment